Florida House Plans
A Florida luxury house plan is not really a style. Rather, due to more current building techniques that protect a structure from hurricane and high wind damage, we have features that constitute current day Florida house plans. Not to be confused with Florida Cracker house plans (more later on this), typical features of Florida house plans would be:
- Having a Southern Mediterranean style
- Usually designed with concrete block exterior walls on the main floor
- Incorporating outdoor living areas such as loggias, lanais or patios
- Outdoor kitchenettes
- Security: Insurance companies appreciate the benefits of concrete walls for both fire and hurricane safety.
- Flexibility: Using concrete block exterior walls does not limit you to a rectangular house plan; curves, angles and arches are no problem. Florida house plans built with block can be almost any shape or style, from a Victorian cottage to a Southern Plantation.
- Efficient: In addition to being strong, the Florida home plans have incredible insulating values if using the increasingly popular ICF (insulated concrete forms) and offer lower heating and cooling bills. They are quieter and offer protection from termites and fungus that wood frame homes cannot and require little or no maintenance.
MonsterHousePlans.com has an ever-growing collection of Florida house plans for you to browse. Any house plan you might find at Monster House Plans can be modified to incorporate block exterior walls. If you cannot find a Florida House Plan that suits your needs, feel free to contact us for a free modification estimate. Our goal is to assist you with finding the perfect house plan at a fraction of the cost it would take to design from scratch. And, we can have your Florida house plans in your hands in days rather than months.
Our friendly and experienced staff is standing by to assist you with ordering your dream home. Call or visit MonsterHousePlans.com now!